Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Ride In Mink Creek...

I have wanted to go for a ride to look at the Fall leaves but didn't take the time until today. I just needed to get out and go for a drive. After the snow last weekend I wondered if there would be much foilage for us to see ? My friend Sandy and I decided to go see what we could find up in the Mink Creek area. We had a nice drive and I took a few pictures. This area is just above the road that goes to the top of Scout Mountain and is on the way to Arbon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We didn't really see much wildlife, just a couple of pheasants, a squirrel or two, and this this busy little beaver. He was enjoying swimming around in this pond and didn't have a clue or maybe didn't care that we were watching him.

Photobucket

Typically Fall is my favorite time of the year for a few different reasons. I love the cool crisp air, high school football games, volleyball, harvest, and school starting up again. It was fun to just get out and take a drive. Next year I will have to go earlier so that I can get pictures of the more vibrant color changes.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love that drive too! I haven't gone this year though. Fall is my very favorite time of year- it always has been- I think it was just because of my birthday when I was younger, but now more for the weather and all the happenings- games/halloween/food/school(for CR-not me ;)..ha-ha - and then we have Christmas to look forward to!