Monday, October 20, 2008
On Pins and Needles!
My back pain has continued to be a pain in the behind! Literally. My "referred" pain has been in my glutes, hips, and down my right leg. My leg has become completely numb. It hurts to stand up and to walk. I have been in pain constantly for the past few weeks. The past two weeks I have spent flat on my back in bed. So today I went to the Rocky Mountain Surgery Center to have steroid injections in my back. Dr. Joseph and his staff were awesome. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about doing it but the pain has been so intense that I didn't care what they did as long as it would make me feel better. I went a little "vasal" on them before the injections. I have a tendency to do that. So I got the royal treatment...oxygen and all. I always think working in the medical field would be fun and interesting and then I almost pass out at the suggestion of the procedures and the sight of 6 inch long needles. Funny huh? Once the numbing medication was injected I was in heaven. The pain...gone. At least it was for a while. I'm feeling a little sore right now. Better though. I wish that meant that the problem is gone too. Only time will tell. Say a prayer for me that my herniated disks will heal themselves. The staff was wonderful. Brenda, Ana, Susan, and Dr. Joseph were all very helpful and concerned. It's odd that we even laughed at times through the procedure. Dr. Joseph has a dry sense of humor. After I had the injections I had to walk out of the office. It was weird because I didn't have balance because of feeling returning to my legs. It was like I was drunk! Funny I'm sure. I'm just glad to have a little relief for the moment and hope it continues and I can get back to a sense of "normal." Whatever that is? Thanks Shellie for taking me. And Andrea for being on Stand-by. I cannot believe that I even considered trying to drive myself. What was I thinking? I really appreciate having a great family that supports and helps me. I love ya all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment