Okay so as far as my back...That seems to be my biggest challenge right now. As some of you know I have been having pain in my lower back for a while now. At first I just thought that it was pain coming from when I had my car accident in Missouri and my other one in Utah. Both were pretty serious accidents. However this pain is way more intense than anything I have felt in my back ever. I went to my doctor and he tried a couple of different treatments over the past few weeks. This week when I could hardly walk into his office he finally ordered an MRI. Thank goodness! I went the next day and had the MRI and found that I have two herniated disks in my lower back. The radiologist said that they look pretty bad. His words were that "they look like the motherlode of herniated disks!" Believe it or not I had temporary relief! It was such a relief to know what the problem is. I have some prescriptions which help with the pain and I am consulting with my doctor about which way to go with treatment from here. I really do not want to have surgery. That doesn't sound too fun to me. I hope that things can be fixed without going to that level of treatment. I don't know. I do know that I need things to feel better. I hurt in my lower back, into my hips, and my legs are numb. I look and feel like a 150 year old man when I walk. Ironically the only time that I don't feel pain in my lower back, hips, and legs is when I am exercising. Weird huh?
The MRI process was amazing. I have never had an MRI before, CT Scans but not an MRI. I am always fascinated by the advances in technology. The man who performed the process was kind enough to explain everything to me and to show me the pictures after. He was awesome. He even burned a CD for me to take home. He said I had a right to say "Oh my aching back!"
















































1 comment:
I'm so sad for your back! I have such empathy for anyone with back pain. And I think mine is minor in comparison to yours! It's such a MAJOR part of your body, having pain there can cause pain in everything you do. I hope it gets better with your treatments and you won't have to do the surgery.:(
Post a Comment