I love things about each of our seasons. I love the cool crisp air and turning of the color of the leaves on the trees that comes each fall. I also love the smell of the dirt in the air from the digging of the potato fields. I think that is because I loved working in the harvest when I was young and I have memories of picking potatoes when I was growing up. Sometimes we went as a family to pick potatoes from the field and then sometimes we just bought them from our friends, The Searle's who farm in Arbon, Pocatello, and Shelley. I learned to drive "spud" truck and tractors on their farm. I have good memories of working for their family's farm. I was driving to Idaho Falls the other day and saw this little family working together in this field near Fort Hall and I pulled over to snap a couple of shots. It really touched me to watch them work together and they have no idea that I was watching them or that I took these pictures. I just pulled up near the field and took the pictures and drove on thinking about them and thinking of those family times my family experienced when we picked potatoes. This family was so cute and excited about their project, just as I remember my brothers and sisters getting when we went. I love the overalls on the little boy and the mom.
I love potatoes. Mmmmn...baked, fried, mashed, homemade french fries, however I just like them....


















































1 comment:
I'm SO glad you're blogging again! I love harvest too- but it seems like everything is rushed because of the weather. Poor farmers! Poor Clint too- hauling all those sugar beets and stuck in the blizzard. I'm NOT enthused about the snow :(
Post a Comment