My mom and nephew Treyton decided that they wanted to hold a yard sale to get rid of a few things they didn't need or want any longer and make a dollar or two. During the past few months the garage has become the holding place for all of the stock to be sold at the big sale. There was a lot of stuff and I was beginning to wonder if the sale was going to happen? On Saturday it did. I am not too fond of yard sales. I don't know why but I just don't generally like them. On Friday I could see that they needed help setting things up so I offered to lend a hand. It took a lot longer than any of us thought it would to get it set up. The sale began bright and early on Saturday. I cannot believe how many people shop at yard sales! Traffic in our neighborhood certainly picked up for a few hours. Watching people was fun for me. The yard sale became kind of a family activity as everyone came home at one point or another during the sale. The sale kept my mom and the grandkids busy wheelin' and dealin' and in some cases visiting with friends and neighbors that stopped by. They moved a lot of merchandise during the sale and I was relieved to see that most of the STUFF was gone by the end of the day. Cannon and I only had to make one trip to the Deseret Industries instead of Five. I know that my mom was exhausted and glad to have it over.


Every sale needs a friendly greeter... :) This is Colton having a little fun!
I have to admit that I am surprised at how many people yard sale and how much money can be made a nickle and dime at a time from things that we no longer want or need. Overall it seemed that the day was a success in many ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment