Okay so I know that it took me forever to get the pictures from my birthday party posted. Goodness grief...I had to crop every picture because they had the wrong date-stamp on them. They were dated for 2005. Hmmmn?
I think it was Tiersa who said that they don't celebrate birthdays they celebrate birthweeks. I had a week long celebration this year. I went to lunch a couple of times with friends, my friend Sandy took me to lunch and shopping, I had my actual birthday, and then my party on Monday night with my family. I should have gotten drunk somewhere in there but...I don't drink :)! My party with my family was fun and special to me. We went to Heritage Park near my mom's home in Chubbuck. Everyone was there except Shawn...He was busy making money to support his sponsorship of my blog...Andrea...because she was on a much deserved and welcome vacation to St. George...and Billy...because he was working...It was neat and it meant a lot to me that everyone came to celebrate with me. There couldn't have been a better way for me to celebrate my fortieth birthday than with those who I love most. We visited, had cake and ice cream, opened gifts, and the children played.
Because it was my fortieth birthday I wanted to take a few minutes and share with each member of my family why I love and value them and something I have noticed or appreciate about them. Everyone gathered around and I did mini spotlights on each person. I feel that it turned out well and there seemed to be a strong feeling of love present. I am glad that I took this time to tell each person something positive about themselves and in part why I love them. It was a little emotional so that is why you may have noticed a tear or two in my eyes in some of the pictures. I want to post some of the things I said and I will add those comments to this post shortly. Thanks again to everyone who made my week so fantastic. It was awesome and I will remember it always.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















































1 comment:
I'm still so sad I missed your party! Thanks for understanding my desperate need for a vacation, though. I hope not only your week was wonderful- but that THIS YEAR is your best ever!! You're such a loving and selfless person, I love you so much! Happy 40th year!
Post a Comment