Sunday, June 15, 2008

They've Got Crabs!

Clint and Brian have crabs!

You know--Crab legs silly!

Let me explain. Okay so I get this call from my brother Brian inviting me over to his house for dinner on Friday night. Sadly for me, he called too late because I had already settled for a Whopper w/cheese on the way home from Wal Mart minutes before he called. The ironic thing is that I was so in the mood for a grilled hamburger, steak, chicken, or whatever. Okay, NOT a hot dog but something tasty cooked on a grill. That is why I picked Burger King...flame broiled. And I have been trying to eat healthier lately :) I'm sure that BK is on top of the list when it comes to healthy places to get a meal. I eat my burger on the way home and I'm not kidding, I had only been home for a few minutes and the phone rings and it's Brian asking us up to his house. Dang! I decided to go up and hang out for a few minutes anyway. I get there and I can smell the steaks grilling as I step out of my car. My stomach growls but I know if I eat anything it will make me sick. I walk in and my Mom, Andrea, Jasmine, Brian, Clint, and the kids are all there. Some were cooking and preparing crab legs, grilled steak, and broiled salmon. Steak only for me please. It looked like an amazing feast. What is the occasion I asked? I wondered if it was because Clint and Brian were feeling guilty about Clinty wrecking his four wheeler into the back of Clint and Andrea's Tahoe earlier in the day? :( Kissing up to Andrea because she was frustrated with them? Emotional eating you know. Nope...just a gathering of sorts to share good food and great company. After dinner everyone vegged around and visited. Their stomach's full from eating a meal fit for a king and mine full from eating a burger made at the King. How fair is that? It was fun to just hang out, laugh, and enjoy one another. We really need to do that more often.

3 comments:

Dana said...

I love the Blog and love the picture--so cute!

Andrea said...

I'm sure you got more nourishment from your Whopper than any of us did... ok- probably not. But at least you were able to partake of the SMELLS! Mmmmm...
AND- just to be clear- I think I am STILL owed a dinner of my choosing for the stress those boys put me through that day, and I want CAKE for dinner! Lots and lots of cake...

Unknown said...

Jeffrey,
Thank you so much for the memories. I loved all of the pictures and the music. You have a great talent for putting memories together. The pictures of you, your Mom, and Naomi are great.

Love you very much,

Aunt Janet