Well, I have completed my first week at Gold's Gym and I feel great about what I accomplished this week. I worked exclusively on "cardio" this week with stretching after each workout. I worked out everyday for at least one hour.
Monday: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill
Tuesday: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill
Wednesday: One hour spinning class (I felt like we biked to Boise and back during this class.)
Thursday: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill
Friday: My Big Day! 30 minutes stair-stepper, 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes elliptical
Saturday: 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill
I can't explain how good I feel after I workout. I love the feeling I have physically and mentally. I must admit having my IPod and televisions on the equipment make it a lot easier to do. I can watch a one hour show and have my workout complete. I hope that I can hang on to this desire. I fear that I will lose motivation and resolve. I really need to get healthier. My last visit to the Doctor helped motivate me to get busy. My cholesterol levels are elevated and that scares me. I know that exercise will help. I mentioned before that I have been reading Bob Harper and Bob Greene's books about weight loss. I really like the approach that each takes to living a healthier life. Their ideas are very similiar to one another and simple; Eat healthy and exercise more. Shellie worked out with me most of the days and I must admit that having her there helped. It was fun. Shellie and I weighed in on Monday before my first session and I weighed ???lbs. In a couple of weeks I will have to weigh again and hopefully I will see a difference. The coolest thing is that I did it! I know this is boring for you but I feel that I need to post it. Thanks for your support.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















































No comments:
Post a Comment