Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Love To See The Temple!

Templo
Okay, so here's the deal. My Mom tells me that she has the responsibility of doing "Sharing Time" in her primary class at church. The theme for the month is about temples. After she told me this the teacher in me came alive...yikes. I start getting ideas and I tell my Mom that I will look for activities on the Internet and hopefully we can pull something together that will be fun for the primary children. I looked and I found...an activity for Junior Primary...and ANOTHER for Senior Primary. My Mom was excited about the activities and the lesson ideas. I printed them, went and copied the materials, and then it was cutting time! Oh boy...and I mean cutting time... At least ten hours of cutting for both of the activities, and that was both of us working! I kept thinking that I am glad that I plan to teach high school...they can cut out there own projects:).

The Junior Primary activity included a picture of the temple that became 3D when folded and then there were cut outs of a family and shrubs that they could glue onto the picture. They had reminders of what the kids needed to do to be able to go to the temple someday. When it was done, they had a shadow box of the temple, a family, and landscape. We thought that the kids would enjoy putting them together. For the Senior Primary, we used a pattern of the Salt Lake Temple that when folded and glued became a small container that holds reminder cards of what is required to attend the temple someday. I must say that organization was a key for this to be successful. Everything was cut out and placed in separate envelopes. All my Mom needed to do was to present her lesson and then hand out an envelopes and glue sticks to everyone and let the children build their temples.

I wasn't there but I heard that it was a great Sharing Time. The kids were so responsive and excited about building their temples. I'm glad. I really enjoyed working on the Sharing Time with my Mom. I love to see her have success. I am sure the Spirit really helped her to teach this. I also enjoyed this time because I was able to think about the temple and the importance it plays in my life. The temple is certainly a blessing to me. I believe that because of the temple ordinances, if I am obedient, I can live with those I love FOREVER! This is a wonderful promise and blessing. I love that ALL of Heavenly Father's children can be linked together as an eternal family. It makes me happy.

No comments: