Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some of Mom's Birthday Celebration...

Okay, so I mentioned that we started celebrating my Mom's birthday on July fourth at Shawn and Christy's home in Twin Falls. On Mom's actual birthday, July 7, she met her sister Mary Ann for lunch at Tastee Treat. To my Mom's surprise her sister JoElla came up from Saratoga Springs, Utah and met them for lunch too! They spent the entire afternoon sitting at the picnic tables outside at Tastee Treat. My Aunt JoElla called me at about 3:30 p.m. and invited me to join them. I just happened to be on the Idaho State University campus filling out some paperwork for the fall semester and so I was only a couple of minutes away. I stopped and we had an enjoyable visit.

Cannon and Jodie had asked us to come over for dinner and then the family was coming to their home later to share dessert. I am so thankful to Cannon and Jodie for doing this as I wasn't sure what to do as a celebration for Mom's birthday. Thank you Jodie for putting everything together and being such a wonderful sister-in-law. Things were so nice and relaxing...that is until someone lit a firecracker from under the garage door. Goodness grief...I think we all hit our heads on the top of the patio cover from the surprise. Thanks for the adrenaline boost Brian!

Many of my nieces and nephews were able to come too. They had a blast playing in the backyard. Aunt Mary Ann and Aunt JoElla joined us too. It really made our day to have them there. My Mom seemed so happy and content with her day. Here are some pictures from the evening. Enjoy.

Photobucket

Mom and Jodie

Photobucket

Aunt JoElla and Aunt Mary Ann on the patio

Photobucket

Colton and Cannon

Photobucket

Brittney and Allison...Aren't they growing up? Beautiful young ladies!!! I love your shirt Allison...Go Highland!

Photobucket

Brian and Jasmine

Photobucket

Clint and Clinton Ross

Photobucket

Jodie and the yummy birthday dessert...this isn't the last time the candles on this cake were lit. Each of the little ones wanted an opportunity to blow out the candles too. Everyone that wanted to got a chance to blow them out!

Photobucket

Helping Grandma blow out the candles. "Call the Fire Department...oh nevermind that's just the candles burning on Grandma's cake!"

Photobucket

Cute cousins...Cara, Logan, and Cadie...


Photobucket

Mom opening a gift from Aunt JoElla. As you can see the Grandkids were very interested. They swarmed her like a rock star!

Photobucket

Fun in the Sandbox...Cadie and Cara

Photobucket

Cadie and Logan on the trampoline...

Photobucket

Clinton giving "Meatball kisses" to Aunt Mary Ann...Meatball is one of his dogs

Photobucket

Brittney relaxing by Grandma...

Photobucket

Allison looking so mature.

Photobucket

Colton. He's a great kid!

I didn't get any pictures of myself and I promised Andrea that I wouldn't post the picture of her taking a bite of her cake if she wouldn't post the one of me getting smacked by Clinton.

We really enjoyed a fun time together. Happy Birthday Mom.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thank you!! I'm so happy you held up your end of the bargain! I promise to keep my part of the deal too. That was a really fun night!