Monday, August 11, 2008

Congratulations To Shellie...STAT!

On Saturday, August 2, 2008, my sister Shellie graduated from Idaho State University with her degree in nursing. Shellie is now a Registered Nurse. Congratulations Shellie! I am so proud of her. I am glad she STUCK with it and stayed focused on achieving this goal and I know she will benefit from her accomplishment.


Shellie standing in front of the Stephens Performing Arts Center on the campus of Idaho State University where her graduation took place.

Photobucket

In the foyer with classmates listening to last minute instructions from Dr. Smith and waiting for "Pomp and Circumstance"

Photobucket

Entering the auditorium...

Photobucket

Treyton had the honor of placing her ceremonial graduation pin on her lapel...

Photobucket

After the ceremony with her degree...

Photobucket

with me...

Photobucket

A hug from Treyton...I know he is so proud of his mom!

Photobucket

Leaving the Performing Arts Center...There's a new leap in her step!

Photobucket

Our family had a small gathering to celebrate Shellie's accomplishment. We are all so proud and happy for her.

Photobucket

The dinner bell rang...

Photobucket

Say Cheese...and ham...and turkey...grapes...brownies...

Photobucket


All in all it seemed like such a nice day for Shellie. I hope she had a great day. I know that Shellie will find success in her chosen field. I remember once hearing a story from one of her instructors about when Shellie was doing one of her clinicals. It went something like this...Shellie was assigned to work in the Emergency Room at a local hospital. During her shift someone was brought to the hospital in a state of trauma. Shellie worked closely with the Doctor and after some time the patient was stabalized. After the situation was taken care of the doctor asked about the nurse he had been working with? He was told that she was a student doing her clinicals. He was impressed and pleased with her assistance and how she handled the pressure of the circumstance. The doctor said that he would hire her in a minute and that he would feel totally confidant having her work with him again in any situation. I loved hearing that story! It made me proud. I have had other occasions to talk to doctors and nurses I know who have had her work in their offices. Everyone has such positive comments about Shellie and her abilities. It doesn't hurt that she has a good personality too!

I am proud of you Shellie! I wish you only the best in what you desire and deserve. Go get 'em!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Jeff, I have such a great family support system, I couldn't have done it without any one of you. I am very thankful for my family and for the effort put into making my graduation day a day that will always be remembered!